Here are some articles coming down the pipeline. Use the comment box below to add your suggestions or vote for one that is already listed.
If the box is checked, you can click on the link to see the article.
- How to shut off the water
- How to install a ceiling fan
- How to hang a mirror or picture
- How to caulk windows
- How to repair holes in walls
- How to fix a running toilet
- How to fix a leaky faucet
- How to shut off the power
- How to replace a torn door screen
- How to install a utility box
- How to insulate an attic
- How to stop air leaks
- How to change air filters
- How to avoid lint fires
- How to spot trouble in walls, ceilings, and floors
- How to wire a new light fixture
- How to paint a wall
- How to install a dishwasher
- How to decide when to call a pro
- How to decide whether to rent or buy tools
- How to install hardwood floors
- How to make a tile backsplash
- How to cut and polish granite
- How to insulate recessed lights
- How to install floor tiles
- How to cut and install molding
- How to hang drywall
- How to install cabinets
- How to install a new door
- How to replace a lock or doorknob
- How to clean windows
- How to cut stainless steel cable
- How to install a central vacuum system
- How to keep pipes from freezing
5 thoughts on “Add to the punch list”
Gary, We have a water pipe that extends under our porch to a faucet on the front. Every fall we turn it off and drain it and every spring it has burst over the winter. We have also put insulation around it. What do you think would work?
Sometimes there is a low spot in the pipe so it doesn’t totally drain out or there could be a little leak in the shutoff valve that lets water build up and freeze in the pipe. If you have an outlet nearby, you could wrap the pipe with heat tape. I’ll try to post an article on it this week.
This article might solve the problem for you. “HOW TO KEEP PIPES FROM FREEZING” http://garysfix.com/heat-tape-pipes
I didn’t realize until recently that people weren’t getting a notice when I replied to their comments. I added a plugin that should fix that problem. Please see my earlier reply to your comment.